Monday, June 20, 2011

Diary of a Blah, Blah, Blah...

So, I wake up today late for school. My tv is on since last night. I'm scrambling to get ready.

Slowly I realize there's a movie on which I haven't seen before. It's called 'Diary of a Tired Black Man'. So as I'm getting ready, I hear a bunch of guys being interviewed on why Black women so angry. (I only got to see 15 minutes of this movie.) This immediately caught my attention. Each guy is talking about how we enter into a relationship with all this baggage. They're trash talking sistahs. Everybody wants to know why we're so angry.

Well, I had to leave for school. So, all day this shitty piece of a crappy movie is marinating in my mind. Why are we so angry? Let's start with slavery. You let us get captured, Black man. Then we spent hundreds of years submitting to "the white man", being treated, well, like slaves. You couldn't have gotten us outta that a little faster? Let's fast forward to present day where a huge number of you guys are in prison. (Couldn't outrun Massa?). Yeah, also in present day USA, you guys spread your seed to anything with a vagina and then abandon your young, leaving females to struggle with playing the role of both parents. You'd think with all that free time on your hands that y'all would excel at something. But no... There's still more Black women in college than Black men. We're also left to deal with the horrible stereotype you've created. We try to defend but it ain't easy. Thank God Barack Obama came and threw a little redemption your way. But not much.

Listen, I don't want to fill the world wide with all your short comings. I just want to say, Have a care. You know what the hell we've been through. You put us through most of it!!! And look what it leads to. It creates a viscous cycle. Prime example: Today while getting lunch, a man came up to me begging for .50c. Normally, I'll through a few coins to anyone down on their luck. Ya know what I did today? I told that bastard to get a job!!! I told him that he should be giving me money. I asked him, what kind of man begs money from a woman? He started with his wah wah about how he can't get a job "'cuz of his record". My response, who's fault is that? Get your shit together, I told him. You're a man and have a higher earning potential than I do.

At this point, other women started piping up in agreement. They started telling him where the hell to go and get a job. Problem solved!! I confess, it bugs the hell out of me to see an able bodied man begging for change. Ninety-five percent of them are Black males. This is why I'm angry. No one man can make me sabotage a relationship. It's exponential anger.

So, Black man who I dearly love, have a care when talking about us. I want to hold you in high esteem. Stop making it so hard.

Other than that, I had a great day!! :)

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. When were you actually a slave. Various African nations had slaves. That's your excused as to why black women are angry. Then you and those who agree need counseling. You blame a group of men for your anger, you don't even know all of them. You couldn't even watch the entire film to form an honest point of view. Foolishness... Yes you should be angry at yourself. If some women made better choice in men they wouldn't be in some situations. Personal accountability and responsibility, when does that take place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a black woman has stood up and said what many and I do mean many black woman are ready to say to black men today!!! WE ARE TIRED TOO!!! Black women have been so utterly disrepected by black men after all she's done to hold our families and race together. We deserve better from black men. We are asking as Aretha Franklin said back in the day and as Wildflower is sayng now....HAVE A CARE, AND START TREATING US WITH SOME RESPECT! I and many others are ready to move on without black men. They have abused their families and children and made their women what they should be... the Provider, Protector and Morale leader of their family and race. Instead they have forced us to be the leaders and heads of our families and then they turn around and raise up white women for being submissive to their men!!! Give us some Providers, Protectors and Leaders that think we are the best thing going and we'll be submissive too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, did you read all I wrote? It doesn't feel like you did. I generalized just as the movie did. That is part of the problem. I don't know all Black men, nor does any of the solicited men in that film know all Black women. But if we're going to go there then... The reasons I listed are just a few of the collective problems that I feel the brothers need to work on rather than turn it around on the Black sistahs. "Make a better choice in men"??? You're absolutely right!! However, we still need better choices to pick from. I still appreciate your time and comments.
    @Anonymous: Thank you for commenting and understanding. You know exactly what choices are out there. Because of so many bad decisions made by men, it leaves slim pickins for us ladies. You know how heavy the load can be and some of us have moved on. Not a problem. As tough as it may be, I'm still open and hoping that our men will strive for enlightenment to lead them to a better place so that we ALL can reunite and put our families back together.
    We are all works in progress.

    WildMagnolia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey NOLA potter, just checking out your blog as a fellow potter and former New Orleanian. I'm not black, but as a women I can still relate. Seems like men get a little nervous whenever women get angry, about anything. Last time I checked, everyone has a right to be angry now and then. Are you that intimidated by the thought of a non-submissive woman who speaks her mind? What exactly are men so afraid of? I think they worry that their position of status and higher earning potential could be in jeopardy if we all woke up and got angry together.

    Thanks for posting this.

    And Michael, grow the fuck up. Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cups!! Love your blog and your Bad Day Plates, btw.

    Stop by again soon. I'll be posting much more about pottery and a lot of life schtuff too. Hopefully, it'll be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete